Having an outdoor kitchen in a home has become a favorite activity in addition to cooking and grilling. Whether you want to have a meal or throw a weekend party, having a well-equipped kitchen is now at the top of many homeowners’ lists.
Outdoor kitchen design
Do you have a large garden outside your house? Definitely, this is a very wonderful thing because this will provide you with enough space to celebrate with family and friends. Several things must be present to complete this wonderful celebration, the most important of which is the kitchen, which must be an outdoor kitchen to prepare delicious food. It is also preferable if this kitchen has enough space for a seating area and an elegant table with chairs for comfortable dining.
When the weather improves, the dining area in your garden becomes a favorite seating space for the family. Do you sense the amazing atmosphere with the smell of food on the grill while you enjoy pleasant barbeque evenings? If the idea of an outdoor kitchen appeals to you, you’ve probably come to the right place. In this blog, we will show you the advantages of having an outdoor kitchen and the considerations that must be considered while designing one.
What is an outdoor kitchen?
An outdoor kitchen is an outdoor area designed for food preparation, which provides the essentials of outdoor cooking in an entertaining way or it may be a luxury kitchen setup that competes with the high-end indoor kitchens of homes.
Outdoor Kitchen Advantages
The outdoor kitchen is very popular not only for its aesthetic value but also because it is:
- Practical, you no longer have to go between the indoor kitchen and the garden.
- If you are looking to increase your home value, a well-designed outdoor space that the buyer can look at as a second kitchen can provide a good return on your investment.
Considerations when building an outdoor kitchen
As with any new addition to your home, you will need to consider the following:
When it comes to how to design an outdoor kitchen, the materials used must be weatherproof.
There are many materials to choose from, including:
- Stainless steel kitchens are a great option that complements the modern landscape. But it is a high-price option.
- Kitchens that include wood in the design to make them look like they are part of nature, and have a warm rustic atmosphere.
- Metal outdoor kitchens, which differ from the shape of the gardens, but giving an attractive style that emphasizes the beauty of the modern style in decoration.
- Kitchens are based on natural stone, which gives a warm and simple country atmosphere.
- Outdoor kitchens are made of different materials, such as metal with wood, or wood with stone for a natural look that complements the shape of the garden.
You must put suitable lighting, as it affects everything, especially the time of meal preparation. Lighting should be distributed so that one of the lamps is directly above the stove, another lamp is above the barbecue area, and another is above the dining table, in addition to placing side lighting in the corners.
Equipment and appliances
Equipment and appliances, such as grills, stove burners.
Depending on your needs and space, you will need a variety of tools and devices. For example, the oven can be chosen as either a gas oven, an electric oven, or a brick oven. It is possible to get a dishwasher if you have a large space and the money, it will be a good idea if you do not want to refer the dishes to the interior at all times and in this case, you must provide a place to store those dishes. Regarding the refrigerators, it is very useful to put drinks, water, and foods to keep them inside the refrigerator.
In addition to other factors such as:
- How often will you use it?
Tips before you start building an outdoor kitchen
When it comes to the planning time of your new kitchen, there are several important considerations to keep in mind.
If you are going to build an outdoor kitchen in the summer, that means a shaded kitchen by planting some trees. If it is winter, you will need to build a fire pit that you can gather around to escape the cold, or you can buy a fireplace to use when needed.
An outdoor kitchen should fit your home’s patio space and the area in which you live.
The exterior kitchen design should be as important as the interior kitchen. L-shaped outdoor kitchen designs are a popular choice for everyone.
It’s time to think about the types of appliances you will need in your outdoor kitchens such as grills (the most important appliance) and refrigerators; Having water or juices where guests are sitting makes it easier and avoids guests from entering your home.
Make sure to create a wonderful mood by adding appropriate lighting. Install lights over the cooktops, the dining area, and the guest seating area.
Don’t forget the cupboards
Storage is an essential part of any kitchen as it reduces clutter and makes it easier to find what you need. Make sure to choose storage units that are waterproof and weatherproof.
The distance between the kitchen and the house
Even if the garden area is large, keep the outdoor kitchen close to your home. Because this helps you to carry foods easily from inside the house to the outside kitchen, in addition to the fact that extending the water and gas pipes for a shorter distance saves money.
The recommended distance between the indoor kitchen and the outdoor kitchen should be between 15 to 20 feet.
Various types of outdoor kitchens
- Outdoor kitchens that rely mainly on wood in their design to appear as part of nature, with a warm rustic feel.
- Metal exterior kitchens showcase the beauty of the modern style of decoration.
- Designs based on natural stone, give a warm and simple country atmosphere.
- Outdoor kitchen designs from various materials, such as metal with warm wood, or wood with stone for a natural look that harmonizes with the garden.
- Roofed outdoor kitchens withstand weather changes.
- Unroofed kitchens look like a piece of furniture in garden décor at home.